All posts by Karol Depka Prądziński
Feature-by-feature table comparison of 4k-5k monitor screens
Inline quote in WordPress
- does not seem to have visual impact (at least in my WordPress installation)
- even though there seems to be a plugin which adds <q>quote</q>
Command + Control + Space – you can type e.g. «triangle» to get access to nice characters like those:
Or you can type
arrow, to get to some goodies like those:
How to transpose – swap columns and rows – in Apple Numbers spreadsheet?
It is done via the Table ▶︎ Transpose menu command.
Feature-by feature tabular comparison of collaboration and task-management solutions
From the CompaReview series, here is a feature-by feature tabular comparison of collaboration and task-management solutions.
Including many useful features, like:
- Login via google account
- Real-time sync
- Real-time latency
- Show other user’s position
- Show other user’s text selection
- Show other user’s text cursor position
- Show other user’s editing character-by-character
- Show element’s author
- Show element’s creation date
- Show element’s last modification date
- Show element’s history
- Android client
- Rich-text comments
- Apply rich-text attributes accross nodes
- WYSIWYG Rich-text editor
- CSS / styles
- Tags in text
- Tags assigned to whole nodes
- Threaded (tree) comments
- Notify new messages
- Go to next unread
- Expand/colllapse elements
- Reference another user in text
- Enter into sub-tree
- Instant edit in a given location, without a need to press a button
- List bullets are objects with user-visible metadata
- Keyboard operation
- Keyboard operation: arrow movement
- No extraneous rows/columns
- Quickly add row/node
- Natural text editing
- Global undo
- Edits saved automatically, no need to confirm
- Quickly reorder nodes
- Estimate task durations
- Read offline
- Edit offline
- Distributed sync (p2p)
Products included in the comparison:
- Cisco Webex
- Google Sheets
- Google Docs (Word Processor)
- Google Gmail
- Microsoft Office 365
- Apple Numbers (Web)
- Google Inbox
How to move DropBox directory to another location?
I’ve found this – https://www.dropbox.com/help/89/en, but it apparently only works with DropBox for Business.
For normal DropBox, what I’ve done is (on Mac OS X) :
- Quit DropBox App
- move /Users/KD/DropBox to /A/Sync
- ln -s /A/Sync /Users/KD/DropBox
- Start DropBox App
So far seems to work fine.
Nice article about Eclipse MAT
Memory Analysis for Android Applications | Android Developers Blog
Especially the “Comparing heap dumps with MAT” section has helped me.
Would be nice to have some pointers to dealing with native memory as well…
Catch.com closing down?
Today I received the following e-mail:
Dear Catch user,
Catch has made the difficult decision to take the company in a different direction. As such, we will be terminating service next month. We value our users and have greatly enjoyed providing Catch to you and millions of others over the last several years.
Catch will no longer be available after August 30, 2013. We apologize for the disruption this may cause to you. We’ve created an export tool to help you keep your notes and transition to another service. Please follow these directions to download your data before that date. Afterwards, you will no longer be able to access your notes on the web and our mobile apps, Catch Notes and AK Notepad, will no longer sync content across devices or allow collaboration. Click here for help and information about other note taking apps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com. We apologize if we are not able to respond to all emails.
Thank you again for your support,
The Catch Team
What could be the reasons and what “new direction” could it be?
How to make YouTube less distracting
From the anti-distraction productivity series… 🙂
How to make YouTube less distracting:
You can hide selected parts (e.g. suggested videos).
You can also make the video scale up to windows size.